RUSH Technologies is currently looking for a Jr. Legal Counsel
Understanding the Role
The Jr. Legal Counsel who will be responsible for providing legal counsel and guidance to the company, including executive management. He/she shall structure, draft, and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts, including marketing agreements, partnership agreements, advertising insertion orders, event production agreements, talent endorsement agreements, and sponsorship agreements.
The role should also provide strategic and practical advice on commercial contract terms and associated risks to the relevant business stakeholders in an easy-to-digest format. Other responsibilities include the monitoring of updates in the relevant legal landscape for timely and effective implementation of compliance changes, and leading the implementation of compliance policies, guidelines, procedures, and manuals on data privacy. The ideal candidate should be energetic and proactive, results-driven, possess a positive and can-do attitude and is able to work comfortably with business executives and the leadership team.
- Licensed to practice law by the Supreme Court of the Philippines
- A member of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- Minimum of 3 years working in a corporate legal management position within a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. An equivalent working experience is also acceptable for the position.
- Experience working in a technology company or in a startup environment is a plus
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong communication skills with the ability to process and clearly convey all relevant information which will determine the effectiveness by which agreements and policies are executed across the business, and the business's compliance with legal and industry standards
- Exceptionally good analytical skills and ability to translate raw information into actionable initiatives
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, with keen attention to detail
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary legal counsel for the company, managing the legal and contract functions and providing expert counsel to the business on transactional, operational, risk-related, and litigation matters
- Collaborate and negotiate with our key partners (including prospects, clients, vendors, partners, and regulators) to advise on regulatory and privacy-related issues; evaluate risk factors impacting business decisions and anticipate unique legal issues that could impact the company
- Draft, manage, and maintain all company legal templates; provide counsel and advice on legal liabilities associated with many areas of the business (e.g. commercial agreements relating to the company's e-commerce solutions and software-as-a-service product, employment law, commissions agreements, real estate leases, company policies, corporate finance, partnerships, etc. among others)
- Collaborate with all functions throughout the company on business and product initiatives to ensure legal compliance with regulatory and contractual obligations
- Advice and research on legal and regulatory issues pertaining to software-as-a-service and e-commerce issues, operational matters, logistics, consumer protection, and applicable fintech regulations
- Procure relevant licenses and certifications related to the company and the company's e-commerce solutions and software-as-a-service products
- Provide assistance to the company's corporate secretary on matters such as drafting of board minutes, board agenda, and secretary's certificates
- Provide advisory to different functional units on privacy-related matters, particularly on business initiatives, products, and processes, and review work orders and other documents relevant to personal data processing
- Guide and monitor the conduct of Privacy Impact Assessment on new or existing projects, programs, systems, and processes
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and improving legal guidelines, policies, internal training sessions, and standard form agreements